I decided not to fix my shaping method errors as it would have involved ripping out two more completed pieces. Well, I did make the corrections on the pieces I had to rip out for other reasons....ie. knitting straight too long after beginning the armhole shaping. I decided it just wasn't worth the effort. It's already taking long enough to complete this project and I want to move on to other things.
After completing the knitting on the first sleeve, I realized that despite having freakishly long arms these were going to be ridiculously long if I left them as is. So,I ripped it out back to the end of the chevron and tweaked the pattern so that the sleeves should hit me in the middle of the hand, rather than at my fingertips. All I did was shorten the distance of straight knitting so I didn't affect the shape of the sleeve cap or the bell shape of the cuff. We'll see what it looks like sewn up. Hopefully I didn't make a grave mistake.
First Knit Nite at my new house last night and I didn't take any pictures, idiot!